9 Sure-Fire Actions to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Life is more enjoyable when you feel confident. It’s also easier to be successful. A lack of confidence can get in the way of your career, relationships, and social life. Low self-confidence can trip you up when you least expect it.
Luckily, your sense of self-confidence is under your control. If you avoid managing it, it will be lower than you deserve.
Your level of self-confidence might seem random, but you can choose to direct it as you see fit.
Increase your self-confidence and feel better about yourself and your future:
1. Have a small success. It can be mundane, like getting the garage cleaned out. Have an intention and follow through on it. When you intend to do something and accomplish it, you feel more confident.
2. Let go of the past. You’ve had a few things go wrong in the past, but that has nothing to do with today. Your future is created today. There’s no reason to weigh yourself down with anything that’s happened in the past.
3. Hit the gym. Go for a run or do 25 pushups. Even a vigorous walk can boost your self-confidence. Break a sweat and you’ll boost your confidence.
4. Build your social skills. A lack of social skills is a common cause of low self-confidence. Interacting with others is an important activity. When you know that you can do it well, your self-confidence will increase. There are many books and websites created to address this issue.
5. Hang out with a positive crowd. The people around you affect your mood and outlook on life. Your confidence is affected, too. Create a social group that supports you and maintains a positive attitude.
6. Tackle a fear. Afraid of spiders? Go to the pet store and ask to hold a tarantula. Fear of heights? Find a building downtown that allows the public to use the observation deck. We make every effort to avoid the things we fear. Rather than hiding, face a fear head-on and notice how confident you feel afterwards. Bravery and self-confidence are cousins.
7. Make a list of your past successes. You’ve had at least a few. You’ve probably forgotten more than you remember! Take just a minute or two to remember these great successes. You’ll feel more powerful after just 60 seconds.
- Better yet, make a list and carry it with you. Start with your childhood and move forward in time to the present day. When you’re feeling down, pull out your list and bask in your successes.
8. Do something you’re good at. After a hard day, nothing can boost your confidence like spending some time at an activity you excel at. Make a list of the things you do well and spend some time each day doing one of them. Build this time into your schedule.
- If possible, create a social event around the activity. Having someone see you do something well is an even bigger boost to your self-confidence.
9. Get out of your head. A lack of confidence is a sign that you’re spending too much time thinking about yourself. Put the focus on others and the current activity. It’s hard to lack confidence if you’re not even thinking about yourself. If you’re alone, spend time doing something that engrosses your attention. You’ll quickly feel better.
Take time each day to enhance your self-confidence. Just a few minutes of effort can change the way you feel about yourself. Everything is easier and more enjoyable when you’re confident in your abilities. Avoid allowing the world to dictate your level of self-confidence. Take control of this important trait.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
In this guide will, you will have basic understanding of aromatherapy and its benefits. You will also learn how to to utilize Aromatherapy with a minimum amount of preparation.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- Main Ebook: Getting Started with Aromatherapy (31-page PDF)
- Worksheet: Eating Getting Started with Aromatherapy (3-page PDF)
The Helpful Monkey Fable (4-page PDF)
10 Signs You See on the Road to Success (3-page PDF)
Aromatherapy Essential Oils and Common Uses (1-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.