How to Find Your True Self
Your true self is the part of you that is constant. It transcends your body, emotions, and experiences. It is the essence of you.
How would you describe yourself? You might declare that you are Susan, wife of Bob, a pharmaceutical sales rep, and have Scottish ancestry.
However, if you had been named Beth, married a guy named Steve, worked as a nurse and had Irish ancestors, you would still be the same person you are now. Your life and experiences might be different, but you would still be fundamentally the same person.
There’s something about you that’s constant, though it’s hard to describe exactly what that is.
Who are you?
One thing is for certain: when you’re living a life that aligns with your true self, you’re going to be happy. If you’re not living a life that resonates with your true self, you’ll feel like something is lacking. It doesn’t matter how much success, fortune, and fame you achieve if your true self isn’t honored.
Try these ideas to discover your true self and reveal your path in life:
1. What is your level of introversion / extroversion? Do you feel more energized and comfortable when alone or with others? When are you at your best?
- If you’re naturally introverted, a job that requires interacting with people all day long is going to create a lot of stress and anxiety.
- Spending time alone in a cubicle working on a computer might drive you crazy if you’re extroverted.
2. What did you like as a child that you still like today? It might be baseball, Scooby-Doo cartoons, pizza, and afternoon naps. Dig deeper than that. You might find that you’ve always craved adventure, creativity, and helping others. Think about the characteristics and qualities in your life that have been constant.
3. If you could accomplish anything, what do you think would be your greatest accomplishment? Is it earning a billion dollars or winning a Nobel Peace Prize? Maybe it’s writing a best-selling book or adopting a disadvantaged child. What do you think is the greatest accomplishment a person can have?
4. What do you consider to be the most important lessons you could teach a child? What do you wish you had known when you were 10-20 years of age? What could you have known that would have made your life more meaningful?
5. What would you do with great wealth? After you bought a mansion and a fancy car, what would you do with your life? What would you do with your free time and extensive financial resources?
6. Who are your heroes? Albert Einstein? John D. Rockefeller? Mother Teresa? Whom do you look up to? Why? Whose life would you most like to emulate? Whom would you be most proud to be like?
7. Think about who you have been. Sometimes we get too caught up in who we want to be and ignore who we are. You might dream of being a Rockstar, but can’t carry a tune, can’t play an instrument, and suffer from panic attacks when faced with an audience. We all have to accept our limitations.
- It’s important to make the most of your life but be realistic about who you are.
- What are your natural strengths and weaknesses? Likes and dislikes?
You can’t create your true self. You can only discover, acknowledge, and accept it.
Whatever your true self might be, you can be sure that it’s spectacular. It’s your job to reveal it to yourself and then honor it. Run with your interests and strengths. Avoid worrying about your dislikes and weaknesses. Honor yourself and enjoy your life.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Habits are an important part of this process. Successes and failures are primarily the end result of habits. Your habits will also determine the long-term results you achieve.
The things you do repeatedly matter. The way you handle stress and uncertainty matter. How you plan your day matters. There are many things that matter when you do them day after day over a long period of time.
Learn to master the necessary habits and you’ll master yourself and your life. The world is your oyster if you can use the power of habits to your advantage.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ Self Mastery - Master These 10 Habits And Be The Master Of Your World
(Include 60-page Main Ebook in PDF, 5-page Worksheet in PDF, 3-page Checklist in PDF) Bonuses!
+ Top 10 Principles to Follow for Prosperity and Abundance
(Include 4-page Document in PDF, 61-page Slide Deck in PDF)
+ What Are You Really Eating_ How to Read the Nutrition Facts Food Label (3-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.