How to Negotiate With Your Subconscious
You might think that you want to be wealthy, slender, and find the person of your dreams. But down deep, there could be a part of you that has other ideas.
Your subconscious has the job of keeping you safe, regardless of how much grief it might cause you.
While you might be miserable in your current situation, your subconscious might believe that any change is potentially hazardous. If you find yourself stuck and unable to create any positive change in your life, your subconscious might be fighting your best efforts.
Imagine having all of your brain on your side. You’d attack every goal you have with enthusiasm. You wouldn’t have to force yourself to do anything related to your goals again. Everything could just flow.
Use these ideas to learn to negotiate with your subconscious and change your life:
1. Your subconscious is constantly communicating with you. It does so through body feelings. It’s that queasy feeling in your stomach, that feeling of dread, and the sound of blood pounding in your ears.
- When you think about eating a hot fudge sundae or jumping from an airplane, you’re receiving a message from your subconscious.
- However, just because you’re receiving a message doesn’t mean you should follow it. Think of the communication as a suggestion. It’s your job to determine if the message is a good one or not.
2. Use the power of the pen. Writing can be a great way to get a clearer message from your subconscious.
- Suppose you wanted to know the purpose of your life. You would simply write, “The purpose of my life” on the top of a page in a notebook. Then, write down whatever pops into your mind.
- You might think, “This is dumb.” Write it down. Keep writing your thoughts for at least 20 minutes. When you hit on something that feels meaningful, circle it. You’ll intuitively know when you’ve hit on the right answer for you. The feeling is quite clear.
- Much of what you receive will be little more than static. So, keep going until you’ve reached the good stuff. Avoid giving up too soon.
3. Talk to your subconscious. Suppose you find it hard to earn and save money. There is a reason for that. There’s part of you that either believes having money is bad, or that having little money is good.
- Find an hour you can spend alone. Ask yourself questions and listen to the answers. Your mind must be still for this. It’s important to be relaxed. Speak to your subconscious like it’s a friend.
- You could ask yourself, “Why are you preventing us from making more money?” or “What are you trying to accomplish by keeping us poor?” “What do you think would happen if we had more money?” Listen to the answers and write them down.
- Once you have your answers, you can negotiate a compromise. Maybe your subconscious believes that having too much money would be selfish. You could ask if giving 10% of your earnings to charity would be acceptable. Find a solution and propose it. Listen to the answer.
Are you stuck? Maybe your subconscious is to blame. Your subconscious is trying to keep you safe, but it’s not always intelligent. It has been tainted by your negative experiences as a child and your erroneous beliefs.
It’s important to know how to skillfully negotiate with your subconscious. The subconscious always wins, so be sure to get it on your side. Fighting with yourself is the biggest obstacle of all.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
By managing time effectively, you’ll experience less stress and a better sense of stability in your daily life. Thinking through the details of your day, from the places you work to the routines you implement, will provide a secure structure.
This enables you to let go of thinking about unnecessary details in order to focus on what is truly important to you.
The strategies mentioned in this ebook will help you make the most use of your time and be the most productive.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ Be the Master of Your Day - 6 Simple Strategies to Manage Your Time and Boost Your Productivity
- Include Main Ebook (71-page PDF), Worksheet (9-page PDF), Checklist (5-page PDF) Bonuses!
+ Master Your Emotions - 14 Tips To Help You Regain Control
- In 5-page PDF, Slide Deck (83-page PDF)
+ Top 10 Habits of Successful People Checklist (3-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.